string(176) " " Door window glass sticking to the rubber seal - Audi A1 : Audi A1 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 03:21 AM Thread Starter

Door window glass sticking to the rubber seal

Having recently (June) purchased my Audi Assured twin-charge 3-door Audi A1 I set about addressing the issues that always concern me with any used car I buy and replaced the brakes (discs and pads) and tyres and while collecting the parts from my local Stafford Audi dealership I enquired about the sticking windows that, according to the vehicles history, had been complained of and addressed before.

Stafford Audi told me that this is a very common issue with the A1 and the official GmbH remedy was to clean the rubber seal (it is sticky to the touch) and glass contact area with a VW Group Cleaning Solution: D 009 401 04, and they gave me a bottle - 100% helpful guys at Stafford Audi. latest ringtones

And I was also told it was worse in hot weather as the stickiness of the rubber increases, and it was August and the car sitting out in full sun.

Back home and cleaned and clean and clean with the solution and for 24-hours the glass didn't stick to the rubber seal but 48-hours later and the issue returned. For several weeks I repeated the process to no avail, the problem kept coming back, the windows would release with an almighty 'clunk' when lowering.

A master tech at Stafford Audi did say that with several A1 cars it has taken tow guys to release the windows as the adhesion between rubber and glass was so great. zedge ringtones and popular ringtones

Anyway, not to be defeated, I again cleaned the rubber and applied a smear of Harley Yellow Carnauba wax and hey, problem seemingly resolved; for 4-weeks now both windows release from the rubber seal, just as they should, and the rubber seal no longer gets sticky, and if it does it'll have another quick wipe over with Harley wax.

Everything sorted this little twin-charge machine is just brilliant.

Last edited by NicoleJS; 12-21-2016 at 01:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A1 : Audi A1 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page